The East Window

The East Window

The East Window in St Swithun’s church was designed by Messrs Hardman in 1879, and was installed following the restoration of the church from 1874. The Vicar was the Rev’d Douglas Blakiston. According to a brass plaque, the east window was given by Elizabeth H. Clarke of Frampost. The plaque reads:

‘To the glory of God and in loving memory of her parents, the East window is dedicated by Elizabeth H. Clarke, with the consent of the lay Rector, on the Feast of St Michael and All Angels, 1879’.

Click on the picture to download a detailed article about the window


Stained Glass Windows
Webpage icon Images of Mothers in St. Swithun's Church
Webpage icon John Mason Neale window and articles
Webpage icon Presentation of Christ in the Temple
Webpage icon The Saint Cuthman Window
Webpage icon The Transfiguration of Christ